Not all pictures will work with this colouring on the opacities that I'm using, so please experiment.
1. Crop your base to 100px by 100px.
2. Duplicate your base layer and make any adjustments; e.g sharpen, blur etc.
3. Duplicate your base layer again and then desaturate it. Then set that layer to Soft Light, opacity 100%.
3a. ** This step only applies if your image is dark, duplicate your base yet again, set it to screen (opacity is up to you depending on image.) and set that before your soft light layer.
4. Start up a new Channel Mixing layer and put in the following;
Red; +110, -14, +20.
Green; 0, +100, 0
Blue; -48, +46, +122, (Constant) +6.
Set that layer to Soft Light.
5. Start a new Selective Colour layer;
Reds; -100, 0, +100, 0.
Yellows; +100, 0, -100, -24.
Whites; +31, +6, +96, +19.
Neutrals; +27 (Cyan)
Blacks: 0, 0, 0, +20
6. Make a new Hue/Saturation layer;
Master; 0, +21, 0.
Reds; 0, +31, 0.
7. Next, make a new Solid Colour Fill layer, set it to Soft Light and fill it with #94715f .
8. Then make another layer of solid colour, set that to exclusion and fill it with #0a1b29 .
9. Make yet another solid colour layer, set it to exclusion and fill with #1b0d02 and set it to 60% opacity.
10. Make a new solid colour layer, fill it with #d0d240 and set that to soft light, and 20% opacity.
11. Add this texture (I'm sorry, I forgot who made it, just tell me if you made it :) )
set it to Lighten on Opacity 100%.
And you're done!! Add any extra textures, text, brushes.. it's up to you. I'd like to see your outcome :3