Going from this to
in Photoshop CS2 (should be translatable)
1) Take your base and crop it into 100x100.
2) Duplicate your base and set it to Screen 55% (it will vary depending on the brightness of your image).
3) Go to Layers-->New Adjustment Layer-->Hue/Saturation, and set your Saturation to 25.
4) Duplicate your base and bring it to the top. Set it to Soft Light 100%.
5) Make a new layer and fill with #ebc2de, Pin Light 75%.
6) Make a new layer and fill with #7388e5, Colour Burn 50%.
7) Duplicate your base, bring it to the top, and set it to Hard Light 100%.
Flatten your layers, and you're done! :)