Tutorial 01 - Defiance (Jamie Bell)
Includes selective colouring and colour balance
All comments HERE, please.
This is what I did:
01. Crop your base and sharpen.
02. Dublicate base and put to screen 100%.
03. Colour balance - Midtones: +66/+23/-4
Now it should look something like this.
04. Selective colouring -
05. Create new layer. Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+E and put this layer to soft light 100%.
06. Selective colouring -
After the selective colouring it will look like this.
08. Take this texture and put to screen 100% (or change the opacity to you liking), move it around 'til your satisfied.
09. Create new layer. Go to Filter>> Render >> Clouds. Make a layer mask, and use a soft black brush with lowered opacity and erase the parts you don't want. I used opacity 43%, and then I went over some parts again so I got the result I was looking for. My layermask looked like this.
NOTE! Make sure you have white and black as foreground- and background colour.
10. Last step! Selective colouring -
And you're DONE!