Today we'll go from:
Program: Photoshop CS2
1. Take your base. I'll use Satori from Touhou~
2. Make a new Levels layer to make it a little lighter:
20 1.20 255
3. The base is sort of dull. Make a new Hue/saturation layer to brighten up the colours a bit more.
4. We need to pump the colours more! Make a new selective colour layer:
5. Lets add a little more red. Another new selective colouring layer.
6. Its a bit to red now. Lets make it a little more blue. Make a new colour balance layer.
-28 +3 +39
-5 +14 -8
+11 0 -9
7. I want it darker. Make a new curves layer.
8. I want to make the purple more stronger. Now select the colour #3f0048 as foreground colour and #00ffb4 as background colour and make a new
gardient map layer.
It'll look like this:
Click ok and set that layer on soft light 63%.
9. It need a little less colour. now take this texture by bambinainnero and set it on darken 100% altough i didnt liked it i altered the texture by moving it a bit down and brushing a bit on the top (so the texture will look like this)
10. To make it more darker, take this texture also by bambinainnero and set it to multiply 100%
11. I want to brighten the reds a little more. Make a new selective colouring layer.
12. Make a new layer and set it to screen 100% i brushed a dot on the icon with bright red and with a softbrush(45~65px)
13. Its a bit boring now, we need some lights~ Now take this texture from the13thboombox and i flipped it 180 degrees and set it to screen 100%.
14. Now make a new colour fill layer and select the colour #e8e4d9 and set the layer on multiply 100%.
15. We need to brighten it up, its to dark. Make a new Brightness&contrast layer:
16. To jack up the colours again, make a new selective colouring layer and use the colouring of step 2 of this tutorial of me.
17. Now i took this texture by ??? flipped it horizontal and set it to screen 100%.
18. Make a new colour fill layer with the colour #171717 and set it to soft light 24%.
19. Some scratch textures will look nice. now take this texture by kaanivaru and set it to screen 100%, i moved it a bit to the left.
20. now take this texture by uhh me and set it on screen 100% and move it around till you like it.
21. Now i putted some tiny text and done!~
Thanks for looking and I love to see your results~
Please leave all your comments and questions here