December 7th, 2007

help please..

ok.. someone let me in on the secret. how the hell do you get the photo to have the curved edges like that? i want to be able to do it.. is it in photoshop or something?
I personally don't understand photoshop.. i was using microsoft digital image software but now it wants me to pay for it and im broke.. anything that's like that?? your help would be great, thank you xxxxx

like this:

Icon Help?

I feel like an idiot for asking for help with what I suspect is a simple technique, but I can't seem to pull it off.

Do any of you know if there is a tutorial, or could give some tips on how to make images like this:

(by littlekari @ jujubas)

How the everything around the figure is sort of bathed in black? I don't know of any other way to explain it. I'd left a comment on the entry where I found this, but got no response.

I use Photoshop CS.

Thank you for any help!

A problem with my eyedropper tool...

For the last two weeks or so my eyedropper doesn't pick up the correct colors.  Any color I try to pick up it always picks up the darkest color near the one I want, even zoomed in it does this.

If it were any other tool, I'd live with it...but I use my eyedropper all the time...does anyone have any idea what has caused this and how I can fix it?  I use PS CS3

Thanks for the help :)