August 19th, 2009

  • omglo1

how do you acheive this flat blended look?

I looked around and couldn't find any small examples of this, sorry.  There are sections of these wallpapers where the pictures look like they're flat against the surface of the background, and there isn't much depth between the picture and the surface.  For example, in the first one, the guy's shoulder looks like it's connected to the texture behind it.  In the second link, you can see the look I'm talking about in the man on the left.   I don't mean the coloring, just the shallowness.  I tried moving through the blending modes on different pictures but couldn't get the same look.

I have the photoshop cs4 free trial.