December 21st, 2009

[name] purple animated flowers

Specific Effect Question

I have checked the archive and didn't see anything close to this, so I hope someone can help me. I use Photoshop CS4.I've been seeing a certain effect around the graphics circuit and I'm not sure how it's done.

(made by pinkcupcake

Is it a special brush that is only of the outline, or is it the actual picture that has been edited to look like that? I have seen this style done with so many types of images. I know there are bevel and emboss effects and all that on it, but the general outlined picture is what I'm trying to figure out. Can someone show me how it's done?

Thank you in advance!