Pretty simple process. Basic knowledge of Photoshop required. Made in Photoshop 7.
This is just used as a guidline, so experiment all you want. I'd looove to see your results. ^__^;
1. Take your base and duplicate it 3 times. Desaturate each copied layer.
2. Set the first copy (the one right above your base) to Screen at 100% opacity. Set the next layer to Overlay at 100%. Do the same for the last layer.
You should get something to this extent:
3. Now take this gradient thingy made by me and set it to Screen at 100% opacity.
4. Duplicate the original (color) base. Set it to Soft Light at 53% opacity. Duplicate this layer one time and leave it as is.
5. Create a new layer and Fill it with the color DB8989. Set it to Soft Light at 40%.
6. Use this brush by innocenceagain in white. I erased any parts that happened to be covering her face/body. Set this layer to Overlay at 100%.
7. I then created a new layer and stroked the center of the icon with 7 pixels in white.
8. Then, I created another new layer and stroked the center with one pixel, in a grey color.
9. Add text if you want it.
And you're done. Ta da.