Level: Intermediate, requires use of layer modes, opacity, textures/gradients.
Application: Photoshop CS2, can be adapted for other versions/programs. (NOT GIMP)
originally posted on my journal, copied here for your non-fake cutting pleasure
I started out with this picture from ewan_playground.
1. I resized it to 50% and moved it to the side for "creative cropping" benefit. Then I duplicated the layer and desaturized the new layer completely, putting it on Overlay.
2. I took a light texture from colorfilter and flipped it horizontally on a new layer, then set it on Screen.
3. I filled a layer with #021567 and put it on Exclusion at 35%, under the texture layer.
4. Then I filled a layer with #2787be and put it on Color Burn at 25%, above all the layers.
5. To get the blue colorcast thing going on, I used a gradient from ladyheatherlly, on Screen at 25%.
6. Then I used a text brush (help, I don't know who made it!) in white at full opacity.
7. Then I used a texture by wash_when_dirty to accentuate the green. (Multiply, 25%)
Tada! You're done! Save as .JPG at high quality.
I hoped you liked this tutorial. :) Please comment if you did!