<< -- >>
Comments are loved - please CREDIT cherry_pops or __cocktail
I'm using this icon base of Jessica Simpson during this tutorial. These methods can also be used on larger images when you want to use them in blends and collages.
1. Prepare the icon base by automatically levelling - Image >> Adjustments >> Auto Levels
2. Duplicate the image three times. Your layers palette should look like this:
3. Set the blending modes of the layers in the following way:
layer 1 - screen, 30% opacity
layer 2 - soft light, 100% opacity
layer 3 - soft light, 10% opacity
4. Sharpen Layer 2 and desaturate - Filter >> Sharpen >> Sharpen and Image >> Adjustments >> Desaturate.
5. Add a new layer (Ctrl + Shift + N) and fill with the colour #FFCCCC. Set this layer's blend mode to soft light at 70% opacity.
6. Flatten the image, Layer >> Flatten Image or add more effects.