It started with a plea from britishboys mod ktwhoopi announcing Daniel Radcliffe as the British Boy for July. "Could someone please make a Daniel icon for the comm. Just has to have a pic of him, with 'Daniel' 'July Boy' or something to that effect. Post them in the comments."
I used this base from a post on hpguys_daily.
1. Cropped it to 100x100, leaving a lot of room on the one side for requested text.
2. Duplicated base layer and set it to SCREEN blend mode, because the base was almost TOO dark.
3. Selected a dark gray color (#4D4E40) from the picture. Used this brush by shagalote.
4. Set border brush to PINLIGHT blend mode and put it on top of both base layers.
5. Used another brush by shagalote (here at NORMAL blend mode).
6. Set brush to PINLIGHT blend mode. It surprised me how yellow it made the picture. But I liked it, so I kept it.
7. Now for the text! "boytoy"; Lumos font; 12px; small caps; bold. Using another color selected from the picture (#736D55)... only strangely enough, it's quite similar to the pinlighted (... pin-lit?) border. Hmm.
8. "of"; Lumos font; 14 pt; small caps; bold.
9. "july"; Exmouth font; 30 pt. The tittle (dot above the j) was annoying me as it was squarely on the O of "of", so I rasterized the layer and used the eraser to get rid of the tittle. (It's ironic that something can be squarely on the roundness of the O.) Also adjusted placing of "july" so that "of" would be in the area to the immediate left of the L. Because it looks neat that way.
10. "Daniel"; Lumos font; 17 pt; bold; small caps. Text color was the second one I'd selected, with Drop Shadow color as the first color selected. Distance: 1, Spread: 0, Size: 5. Rotated text to slant along his shoulder, and was pleased with the way the "NIE" seemed to follow his t-shirt.
Hope you liked. :)
- fin -