** Disclaimer for images, textures, brushes, etc. – I’ve collected a lot of these over time, and have no idea what belongs to whom, or is that who? So if you see something that you created, or you know who created it, please let me know so I can give proper credit. Thanks. **
1. I took this Cap from Jason-behr.org, resized and cropped to get my base.
2. I duplicated my base and set to Screen and merged layers flat
3. Using the Enhance Photo feature, I chose Automatic Contrast - set to Darker, Normal, Bold
4. Next I went to Adjust, Sharpness, Unsharp Mask set to 1.00 – 35 – 0 (makes just a slight difference, but I like it)
5. I added this gradient as a new layer and set to Burn, Opacity 30 – and I have this
6. I took this texture, went to Image, Mirror, and pasted as a new layer and set to Darken, Opacity 100. Then I chose the eraser and used the Dry Brush with these settings: Size 45, Step 10, Density 100, Rotation 75, Opacity 70 – and erased everything over Jason.
7. Next, I took the same texture in Step 7 and pasted it again as another layer and set to Darker, Opacity 15. (I liked the color it gave his face)
8. Then I added this texture as new layer and set to screen; then used the move tool slide the green streak over a bit.
9. I merged the layers flat; and went to Layers, New Adjustment Layer, Curves and set RGB as follows: First Point – Input 213, Output 226. Second Point – Input 47, Output 30.
10. Then back to Adjust, Sharpness, Unsharp Mask set to 1.00 – 20 – 0
11. Last step… I took the sharpen brush (Round 05), opacity 60, and clicked on the eyes a time or two, and I was done. (Finished product above)