Learn to make this:
Tools Used: Photoshop CS3
Difficultly Level: Moderate aka not for beginners
1. Start with this texture by urbanstrokes
2. Pick an image to work with. I used this image of Ciel from Kuroshitsuji. Set image layer to multiply & it should come out like this.
3. Duplicate the image & set it to Soft Light @ 100%.
[Note: Setting to soft light will make the white part of the image show up so just erase it]
4. Duplicate image again & set it to Screen @ 30%.
5. Duplicate image again & set it to Soft Light @ 100%
6. I also inserted this image, which is a black/white version of my image. Set it to Multiply.
7. Take this modified texture by unknown. Set it to Screen @ 100%.
8. Go to Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Selective Color and input:
9. Go to Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Hue/Saturation. Saturation = +10.
10. Take this texture [scanned by me] & set it to multiply.
11. Go Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Color Balance. Enter in:
Midtones: -100 -100 +100
Make sure the box is checked for Preserve Luminosity. Set Color Balance Layer to Soft Light @ 25%
12. Take this texture by ohfreckle & set to Multiply
13. Take this section of this texture made by Isleofyew. Set it to Lighten @ 100%. Erase parts you don't need.
14. Borrowing from nebel_graphics's tutorials, I used this texture by tralala_icons. Set the texture to Screen @ 100%.
15. Duplicate the same texture (the flower one) & push "Crt+I" to Invert the image. Set this layer to Multiply @ 100%. It should look like this:
16. Take this texture by bambinainnero & set it to Screen @ 100%
17. Duplicate texture used in Step 12 & bring it to the top.
18. & Than, add text! I used the text that came with the image so, here is my final result:
& Finished. I hope you liked it & found it helpful. I would love to see any of your results.
PSD Download Here: Box.net