Difficulty: Easy - Medium
Program Used: Photoshop CS2
01. Select your base. I’ve used an image from the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time manga.
02. We want to make Link a little darker, so duplicate your base (CTRL+J) and set it to Linear Burn at 65%.
03. Erase everything on the Linear Burn layer except for whatever you want to be darker, in this case Link.
04. Create a new layer and set it to Multiply at 100%. Using a basic brush, colour in whatever areas you’d like to be coloured- in my case, I coloured Link and Navi. This is a very basic way to colour manga panels.
05. The red in his shield stands out just a bit too much. Create a new layer, set it to Hue at about 35% and colour over the areas you’d like darkened with #000000. Alternatively, if you’re lazy, you could always just use the Sponge tool :D
06. Slap on a texture. I used this texture, which I modified from this texture by ohfreckle. Set it to Multiply at 100%.
07. Add some text. I used Times New Roman, with the ‘&’ a couple sizes larger than the rest of the text.
Thanks for looking, and I hope you like it! Questions, comments and I-Don't-Know-Whats are greatly appreciated. I'd really love to see what you come up with :D