POST COMMENTS http://community.livejournal.com/ultravioleticon/30812.html#cutid1 THERE
1. Prep your base.
I cropped it and sharpened once.
2. New Curves Layer, nothing wild, just brighten it a bit.
I did 169 > 207
3. New Hue/Sat/Lightness layer
Greens= -60 (this is because of the yuck green grass, its optional)
4. Apply this texture: by me to your icon, as SCREEN 34%
5. Apply this colour as anew layer, Exclusion 16%. then DUPLICATE this colour layer, and set it to Burn (16%).
6. Then apply this colour as Burn 30%. then duplicate the color layer, and set to Exclusion 8%.
So far it looks like this:
7. New Adjustment layer > Hue/Sat/Lightness
*it will look very brighttt!*
8. New Adjustment Layer > Brightness/Contrast
9. Merge All > flatten
10. Duplicate it. Set to Burn 26%